Join us for an insightful webinar on Advancing the Management of Spasticity, where experts will delve into cutting-edge strategies and comprehensive approaches to enhance the treatment of spasticity after stroke. This session aims to address the challenges faced by patients with unmet needs, explore tailored management for special populations such as the elderly and those with limited access, and delve into effective co-adjuvant therapies that go beyond traditional chemodenervation methods. This activity is funded by an unrestricted educational grant by Ipsen.
- Explore innovative approaches to intensify the treatment of spasticity after stroke, focusing on patients with unmet needs and evolving clinical paradigms.
- Gain insights into adapting spasticity management for special populations, including the elderly and individuals with limited access to healthcare resources, considering factors like frailty and unique challenges.
- Delve into the realm beyond chemodenervation techniques and discover effective co-adjuvant therapies that complement traditional methods in the comprehensive management of spasticity after stroke.
- Recognize the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration in optimizing spasticity management and learn how different healthcare professionals can contribute to improved patient outcomes.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements, research, and emerging trends in spasticity management, ensuring that your clinical practice aligns with the most current and effective approaches.
Chair/Moderator: Dr. Shamala Thilarajah and Prof. Dr. Gustavo Saposnik
- Welcome and Introductions
- Spasticity After stroke: Treatment intensification among patients with unmet needs – Emily Stevens, OT
- Management of spasticity in special populations: elderly, limited access, frailty – Dr. Kwah Li Khim
- Beyond Chemodenervation: Effective co-adjuvant therapies in the management of spasticity after stroke – Dr. Deniz Dishman
- Q&A discussion
Date & Time: Thursday February 22nd 2024