The #StrokeDontStayAtHome campaign which was launched in response to the first wave of COVID 19, is now being revitalised in response to the ongoing impact of the pandemic on hospital admissions. WSO is working in partnership with the Boehringer Ingelheim Angels Initiative, with some support from Medtronic, to ensure that people are aware of the signs of stroke and the need for timely treatment to save lives and improve recovery. The campaign is live now and will run until the end of March 2021.
Ways in which you can support the #StrokeDontStayAtHomeCampaign?
1. Co-sign and send our template letter to your Minister of Health asking for governments to support public awareness of stroke symptoms and the need for emergency medical treatment.
2. Download and share the social media resources from our Stroke Don’t' Stay at Home Dropbox folder
3. Recycle and share your World Stroke Day #GlobalDanceChain video with new messaging about stroke symptoms and the need to call an ambulance as soon as you spot the signs.
4. Get creative - record a video that uses dance and/or lyrics to highlight the signs of stroke and the need to act FAST. Share your video with the message #1in4 of us will have a stroke in our lifetime. Know the signs and don’t avoid hospital because of #COVID19 fears. Call an ambulance immediately. #StrokeDontStayAtHome Help spread the word, @WStrokeCampaign @[insert account name] @[insert account name] #GlobalDanceChain
5. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Use the campaign hashtag #StrokeDon’tStayatHome and tag @WStrokeCampaign in any posts related to this campaign. This Facebook post featuring testimony from survivors and clinicians around the world has already reached over 100.000 people on Facebook. Sharing it could help us to reach even more!
Thank you for your support. Together we can deliver lives free from stroke!