Building on the foundations put in place by the WSO Roadmap to Quality Stroke Care, WSO has established a Quality Care Implementation Taskforce with a mission to accelerate implementation of stroke center-based care in all regions of the world. By developing specialized support for the implementation, qualification of services, quality monitoring and supported by a well-structured virtual and face-to-face, theoretical and practical educational program for all levels of stroke care centers. Also we will work in a program to implement rehabilitation in low resource settings and work together with WHO to reinforce the prevention programs in primary care attention (HEARTS program).
The Taskforce will provide a supporting framework for organizing discussions with health managers, as well as promoting and assisting in the structuring of national plans. The core committee extensive experience in implementation of acute stroke care services across the globe. The global remit of the Taskforce will be supported by delegated specialists from around the world who will support the development and delivery of locally implementation programs. The Angels Initiative is part of the taskforce.
The Task Force is based on:
- Stimulus and support in the countries for implementation of World Health Organization HEARTS Program for prevention;
- Evaluation of the structure of hospitals, cities/regions through the online WSO Roadmap for quality of stroke services;
- Specialized advice to implement stroke services (acute care and rehabilitation);
- Certification of the Stroke services including data quality monitoring (already in Latin American and Caribbean region, launched in India on November 2022 and very soon other regions) working together with local societies and Ministries of Health;
- Education for stroke care in all levels including lectures and interactive virtual training; fellowship program for neurointerventionalists;
- Implementation of telemedicine without borders, to give support for acute care in low and middle income countries
- To organize the Global Stroke Alliance, an implementation global meeting with health managers rotating in different parts of the world
The chairs of the Task are Carlos Molina and Raul Nogueira for acute care, Sean Savitz for Rehabilitation, Robert Mikulik for quality monitoring and Taskeen Khan (WHO) for prevention.
Join us filling this form: https://forms.gle/vRPHEzpDX6oUJgnn7 .You will be invited for a virtual Meeting.
Achieving our vision of a life free from stroke is a task that WSO cannot achieve alone. We are committed to building our partnerships at the global, regional and national level to scale up and deliver improvements in prevention, treatment and support to reduce the burden of stroke.