➢ Name: Ahmed Nasreldein. Date and Place of Birth: 10 MAY 1980.Assiut, Egypt.
➢ Gender: Male. Nationality: Egyptian.
➢ Current Position: Lecturer and Consultant in Neurology Department -Assiut University Hospitals-Assiut University -Egypt.
➢ Address: Department of Neurology and Psychiatry -Assiut University Hospitals, 71526 -Assiut University –Assiut. Egypt.
• Languages spoken:
➢ German Language: Passed B2+/ C1 level in German language.
• Work experience:
➢ March 2005- January 2009: Resident doctor in the department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Assiut university hospitals, Assiut, Egypt.
➢ January 2009 - December 2011: Assistant lecturer in the Department of Neurology. Assiut university hospitals, Assiut, Egypt.
➢ December 2011–December 2013: DAAD Scholarship (Training and Research program for physicians) and worked as Visiting Doctor (Gastarzt) in the Department of Neurology, Saarland university hospitals, Homburg, Saarland, Germany.
➢ December 2013 till May 2015: Assistant lecturer in the Department of Neurology. Assiut university hospitals, Assiut, Egypt.
➢ May 2015 till now: lecturer and consultant in the Department of Neurology. Assiut university hospitals, Assiut, Egypt.
• Translation of the 'time is brain' concept into clinical practice: focus on prehospital stroke management. A. Ragoschke-Schumm, S. Walter, A. Haass, C. Balucani, M. Lesmeister, A. Nasreldein, L. Sarlon, A. Bachhuber, T. Licina, Q. Grunwald, and K. Fassbender. Int J Stroke. 2014 Apr;9(3):333-40. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12252. Epub 2014 Mar 4.
• 'Stroke Room': Diagnosis and Treatment at a Single Location for Rapid Intraarterial Stroke Treatment. Ragoschke-Schumm A, Yilmaz U, Kostopoulos P, Lesmeister M, Manitz M, Walter S, Helwig S, Schwindling L, Fousse M, Haass A, Garner D, Körner H, Roumia S, Grunwald I, Nasreldein A, Halmer R, Liu Y, Schlechtriemen T, Reith W, Fassbender K. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015;40(5-6):251-7. doi: 10.1159/000440850. Epub 2015 Oct 21.
• Outcome after Thrombectomy and Intravenous Thrombolysis in Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Prospective Observational Study. One of the REVASK Investigators Stroke. 2016 Jun;47(6):1584-92. doi: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.116.012619. Epub 2016 May 5.
• Public stroke knowledge, awareness, and response to acute stroke: Multi-center study from 4 Egyptian governorates. Farrag M , Oraby M, Ghali A, Ragab O, Nasreldein A, Shehata G, Elfar E, Abd-Allah F. J Neurol Sci. 15;384:46-49. doi: 10.1016/j.jns.2017.11.003. Epub 2017 Nov 4.
• Thrombectomy in posterior circulation stroke: differences in procedures and outcome compared to anterior circulation stroke in the prospective multicentre REVASK registry. one of the REVASK Investigators, Eur J Neurol. 2019 Feb;26(2):299-305. doi: 10.1111/ene.13809. Epub 2018 Oct 15.
• The Effect of 20 Hz versus 1 Hz Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation on Motor Dysfunction in Parkinson's Disease: Which Is More Beneficial. Khedr EM, Al-Fawal B, Abdel Wraith A, Saber M, Hasan AM, Bassiony A, Nasr Eldein A, Rothwell JC4. Journal of Parkinson's disease, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 379-387, 2019.
• TMS excitability study in essential tremor: Absence of gabaergic changes assessed by silent period recordings. Eman M. Khedr, Bastawy El Fawal, Ahmed Abdelwarith, Ahmed Nasreldein, John C.Rothwell, Mostafa Saber.
• Pattern of atherosclerosis among ischemic stroke patients in south of egypt: hospital based study. Eman Khedr, Abeer Abdel Hady, Ahmed Nasreldein, Ahmed Abelwarith, Mohamed Habeel. presented as oral presentation in the 24 meeting of the European society of Neurosonology and cerebral hemodynamics, 5-7 April 2019 in Linz Austria.
• A proposal for a novel TCCS-based grading system for intracranial collaterals in cases of symptomatic Carotid occlusion. F. Abd –Allah, H. Rizk , M. A. Farrag, A. Nasreldein. Presented as oral presentation in the 24 meeting of the European society of Neurosonology and cerebral hemodynamics, 5-7 April 2019 in Linz Austria.
• Pre and in-hospital delay in the use of thrombolytic therapy for acute ischemic stroke patients in Egypt. A. Nasreldein, F. Abd -Allah, Azza A. Ghali , Klaus Faßbender , GA Shehata , Khaled O. Mohamed. presented as poster in World Congress of Neurology conference at 27. Oct. 2019 in Dubai
Achieving our vision of a life free from stroke is a task that WSO cannot achieve alone. We are committed to building our partnerships at the global, regional and national level to scale up and deliver improvements in prevention, treatment and support to reduce the burden of stroke.
With support from:
*All WSO educational programs are independently developed and delivered.